Set on the northern slope of Henry Hill, “Spring Hill Farm”, was built in about 1812. By 1826, Dr. Isaac Henry and his wife Judith Carter Henry had moved into the dwelling. She was the daughter of Landon Carter, Senior, and was born in the Carter mansion “Pittsylvania”. Her husband, had been a surgeon in the U. S. Navy on board the Frigate Constellation. The original house was believed to have been a one-and-a-half-story log structure that was subsequently clad in weatherboard siding. More commonly referred to as the Henry House, the dwelling was severely damaged during the Battle of First Bull Run. The house was at the center of the battle of the afternoon of July 21st. Eventually Confederate troops dismantled the remains of the structure in search of firewood, building materials, and battlefield mementos. The second Henry House was constructed in the 1870s on the site where the first structure once stood.